Thursday 30 September 2010

Neurology

After a few months getting used to our new son, and the changes to our family life, I made contact with the genetics team in order to look into the next stage. They recommended that I saw the neurologist, and a referral was made.

The appointment came through, and I went. The doctor observed me walking from the waiting area to the consulting rooms, and observed that I had a "mild bit of spasticity". Confirmation that I am starting to show some signs...

He checked my reflexes, muscles etc. and we discussed my lifestyle and potential plans going forward. He advised that keeping in shape and maintaining a regular exercise program was good, and observed that this was useful advice for anyone. We discussed stretching muscles and mobility, and he recommended going to either a yoga or pilates class.

No comments:

Post a Comment