Thursday 29 March 2018

A little bit of family history

I was chatting with my mum over the Christmas holidays and we had a look at the family tree to see if there was any other evidence of HSP.

We know that the HSP comes from my mums mum - she was diagnosed. My mums mum was the youngest of 10 children in her family, being some 20 years younger than her eldest sibling. Also, my mum was the youngest of three children, and she didn't get to meet either of her mums parents.

When my mum remembers her aunts and uncles on that side of the family she is sure that there were two uncles with HSP, all living in the same village as her and her mum. It is interesting to note that these uncles were builders, and they were able to work for the family builders, with some allowances made for difficulties getting up and down ladders. Of the children of these uncles, HSP doesn't seem to have come down to the next generation. There are also four aunts and uncles who definitely didn't have HSP, and three that my mum is not sure about.

So, since there are several siblings with HSP, it must have arrived with one of my great-grandparents from that side of the family, but at the moment we don't know who. If there are people in the UK with HSP who trace their family trees back to the late 1800's then get in touch - we may be able to work this out, and could be related!

My two great-grandparents are both from Cambridgeshire:
George Goodchild - 1 mar 1871 - 15 jun 1946
Anne Harding - 17 jun 1872 - 28 jul 1940


No comments:

Post a Comment