Friday 24 August 2018

3D printed walking stick holder

One of my wife's cousins has muscular dystrophy. He has been playing with a 3D printer and had developed a walking stick holder for his mobility scooter. The design is a circle that has been split and stretched apart. The walking stick is put in the holder on a diagonal through the split in the circle, and then when it is in the holder is put straight up, so is entirely held by the circle. He has mounted this on to his handlebar with cable ties (OK, I dont know if handlebar is the correct term, its my bike-mind-name. I guess it could be a steering bar, steering control, etc.....)

I think this is a genius idea! He says he will publish the pattern for this, and when he does I'll edit this post with a link. In the mean time, here are a couple of pictures so you can see this. I think that this design could work well for other mobility aids as well.



2 comments:

  1. I know someone who helps bring inventions to market. Let me know if you'd like to get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking stick is a mobility device that mainly made with wood, metal, or plastic. Aids 4 Mobility has a great collection of the best quality walking sticks. If you want to buy then you just need to visit their website.

    ReplyDelete