Wednesday 22 June 2022

Symptoms update - weight gain

Just a short post for today. In the last few months I have been cycling a lot less than previously. There have been a lot of things going on, and it has been easier to spend my time focussing on those things than going off cycling.

The downside of not cycling is that my weight has increased. Also, according to my sports watch, my cardio fitness has decreased. I am considering if weight gain and decreased cardio fitness is an inevitable part of reduced mobility. 

Changes: The immediate change is to make more time for cycling to decrease my weight and increase my cardio fitness. In the longer term I'm going to need to consider if I need to make some dietary changes to influence my weight with the foresight that my mobility is on a downward trend. And, whilst it is appropriate for me to get back out on my bike more whilst I still can, I'm going to need to think about what exercises I can do in the future when riding my bike becomes more difficult.

Reminder - the benefits I get from cycling are: regular exercise, fresh air and thinking space. In a commuting to work sense I also get cost, time and environmental benefits compared with driving, as well as the avoidance of parking restrictions at/near my office.


No comments:

Post a Comment