Saturday 26 November 2022

Symptoms update - fatigue and walking speed

Reflecting back on posts this year, I can see that there have been quite a few more symptom update posts than in previous years. Perhaps this means that my symptoms are changing more quickly.

Two observations for this post - firstly I went away for a weekend with some friends the other week, which included walking between a few pubs one evening. It is quite clear to me that my walking pace is substantially slower than it was. As long as I keep at the pace I want to go I dont have any issues with tripping or balance, but if I try to walk faster then my feet do trip up more.

Secondly, I've been finding that I am feeling quite fatigued recently. There hasnt been much change in the number of hours that I sleep recently, but I am finding that I wake up tired, and feel tired for most of the day. I have been talking with a lot of people at work about disability this week, and I reflected that it might be my fatigue which hits me at work before any of the mobility issues.

A little more on that topic to round off this post. At work a colleague and I co-chair our companies employee network for people with disabilities and long term health conditions (alongside our usual day-jobs). We've had a week where we've been trying to raise awareness about many aspects of disability, including me doing a session wearing my Chair of the HSP Support Group hat. It has been really good to help people understand some of the many aspects that people with disabilities and health conditions have to deal with.


No comments:

Post a Comment