Thursday 21 May 2020

New shoes

Once again I've got through another pair of shoes, so time to log the details here!

Actually, I've got through two pairs - my usual shoes and my biking shoes.

Usual shoes - this time I went for Hi-Tec Quadra Classic (low rise hiking boots). I got these at the end of November 2018, so they have done 18 months (1 year 6 months) before being too holey to wear.


The wear follows the same pattern - my left shoe is much more worn that my right shoe. The Hi-Tec's have performed better than my previous sketchers as the sole has remained attached to the shoe rather than detaching like the Sketchers had.

This time I considered getting another pair of Hi-Tec as they have worn much better than the Sketchers, but given that the time they lasted is about the same I have gone instead with Karrimor Supa 5 shoes.

The Hi-Tecs have lasted about as long as the previous Sketchers, suggesting that I'm on about 18 months per pair at the moment. Regular readers may note my preference to leave my shoes a little too long before replacing them!

You can see previous new shoe comparisons (with photos of old shoes) here:
https://hspjourney.blogspot.com/2018/12/more-new-shoes.html
https://hspjourney.blogspot.com/2017/05/shoe-wear-update-data.html

On the bike shoes front, I got my first pair of bike shoes with cleats in Sept 2017, and they lasted until December 2019:

Basically the soles were starting to detach, similarly on each foot. Equal wear isnt too surprising as these only get worn for walking for short periods. Those shoes lasted 2 years and 3 months. The current cycling shoes (also with cleats) are Shimano MT300.


No comments:

Post a Comment