Saturday 15 December 2018

More new shoes

Its time for some new shoes again!

I have got through another two pairs of shoes, the Sketchers which I bought in April 2017 have now run their course, with a new pair bought in December 2018. This means that my sketchers lasted 1 year and 7 months, indicating that my rate of wear has gone up in the last year, with the previous pair lasting 2 years and 2 months.

Although my left shoe has a higher rate of wear than my left shoe, the interesting observation is that the wear on both shoes looks similar, perhaps indicating that the progression on my right leg is catching up with the left leg. Here are a couple of pictures - noting that my left shoe is on the right of both pictures:



You can compare these with the post I put in my May 2017 with my previous shoes: https://hspjourney.blogspot.com/2017/05/shoe-wear-update-data.html

This time I have chosen to replace them with some hi-tec waking shoes, so we'll see how the rate of wear on those goes.

In the other post I noted having bought replacement trainers as well as replacement shoes. Shortly after this I also bought clip-in shoes for my bike, so the new trainers from that time have had much less use, and the clip-in shoes are also bearing up well.

My other replacement pair of shoes this time is some shoes for work. I had decided that these were not looking good enough for wear in the office, so I have a new pair of work shoes. There has been shoe shuffling, so the pair now in my office are my other older pair, with the new shoes staying at home - this is principally because I cant get the inner sole out of the new shoes and I'll wear those without insoles. My other pair of shoes takes the insoles nicely, and those have moved to the office with the insoles.

You can see the wear pattern of the old shoes in these pictures. The left shoe is slightly more worn on the tip than the right shoe, but the wear on the right shoe is more round the corner. Whilst at work I go on less fun walking, so the majority of the wear is from indoor use - although I do try to get outside for half an hour at lunchtime most days. I do not recall how long I have had these shoes. Note again that my left shoe is on the right of both pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment