Sunday 8 March 2020

Symptoms update - Shadows and Hills

I have been having a bit of a turbulent time in recent months, which has led to me being more stressed, more depressed and more tired than normal. Therefore, this symptom update should be read with a small pinch of salt as I wont know for a while if these are short-term changes as a result of my turbulence or part of the long-term HSP journey.

Shadows

I happened to be walking back home one evening in the dark. As I walked under street lights my shadow was cast down on the ground in front of me. It was interesting to see how uneven my gait has become. I know that my gait is changing over time, but it was quite a surprise to see how much it has changed.

Hills

I have managed to get out on my bike recently, and I find that my uphill speed is getting very slow - by which I mean easily 4-6 km/h. I was quite surprised to by cycling up a hill on the way to work and was overtaken by a runner on the pavement. I will have to have a look at my biking statistics to see if my average speed is coming down or not. This is not as straightforward as you may expect, as there is a mix of riding in the list - some off-road stuff which is slower anyway, and some cycling with the boys at walking speed on the way to/from school.

I think that both the shadows and hills factors occur because I am more tired than usual. After a busy day I feel that I am more tired than I used to be, and I am beginning to feel the need to sit down and have a small rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment