Saturday 29 April 2023

An excellent afternoon with students

Recently I was asked by Jon Marsden at Plymouth uni if I would talk with a group of physiotherapy students and occupational therapy students about HSP.

I was very pleased to do this, and I had a very enjoyable hour chatting with the students. We covered some of the symptoms and variation in symptoms for those affected by HSP, and a quick overview of the treatments for the more common symptoms.

I also gave my story, how my HSP is progressing, the types of appointments I've had with physiotherapists, and my general HSP timeline.

We also covered some of the barriers and problems that people with HSP often face when dealing with healthcare assessments, and I included mentioning that people often have to repeat their stories time after time, and in the focus on HSP specifics general questions on how people are is often missed.

I got asked a few good questions at the end, and it felt like a really useful session.


No comments:

Post a Comment